GSDCA Grading Guidelines for Judges
Information for Judges regarding GSDCA Gradings is provided in a short summary here
issued November 2023
Grading Oversized Dogs
The 2015 GSDCA Judges Committee Meeting discussed the matter of oversize dogs with regard to awarding of GSDCA grading’s. It was resolved that all GSDCA Specialist Judges and Judges participating in the GSDCA Judges Extension course as a collective will apply the following policy when judging:
• The Policy will apply as on 1st September 2015
• All females measured over 62cms must not be awarded an Excellent grading in the Open Class, and are to be penalised a grading in Intermediate and Junior Classes
• All males measured over 67cms must not to be awarded an Excellent grading in the Open Class, and are to be penalised a grading in Intermediate and Junior Classes
• Animals presented in the show ring with excessive hindquarter and /or instability of the hindquarter, are not to be promoted and highly placed in a class.
• Clear comment as to why the animal has been penalised are to be included in the critique and ‘on the pegs’ summary.
Download the Notice to GSDCA Specialist Judges statement
posted August 2015